The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), which was founded in 1919, is one of the biggest and most prestigious organizations dedicated solely to promoting the management accounting profession. It has more than 1,25,000 members worldwide.
A worldwide recognized program, the US CMA course was created by IMA in 1972 and is a high-level credential suitable for accountants and financial professionals in a company. Achieving the US CMA displays your professional expertise in highly sought-after financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics skills.
CMA (USA) is the highest level of certification in management accounting and serves as a global passport for accountants and finance professionals, with over 7,000 active members in India and 1,40,000 worldwide.
|Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance, and Analytics||Part 2: Strategic Financial Management|
|15% External Financial Reporting Decisions||20% Financial Statement Analysis|
|20% Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting||20% Corporate Finance|
|20% Performance Management||25% Decision Analysis|
|15% Cost Management||10% Risk Management|
|15% Internal Controls||10% Investment Decisions|
|15% Technology and Analytics||15% Professional Ethics|
The weight of the topics in the exam is indicated by the percentage in the abovementioned exam sections. There is only one paper per level, therefore you only sit for two. However, the level 1 paper will contain 15% of questions on external financial reporting.
There will be two essay questions and 100 multiple-choice questions in each exam portion.
In all of India’s major cities, including Mumbai, Pune, and Delhi, Prometric Testing Centers provide the computer-based CMA test.
Depending on the candidate’s commitment and focus, the CMA course must be completed in at least six months. The CMA course can be completed in 3 years from the date of registration, according to IMA.
Part 1 and Part 2 exams are given in January/February, May/June, and September/October.
To become a CMA Member, there are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- It is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree from an approved university or to be certified as a professional accountant.
- Membership of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Successful completion of parts 1 and 2 of the exam
- 2 years of work experience in management accounting or finance is required.
- Students may begin the enrollment process as early as their post-secondary exams in order to receive membership as soon as they have earned a degree and some work experience.
- Comprehensive support until CMA exams is cleared.
- Classroom and online CMA coaching.
- 100% Job placement support.
- Assistance in booking Prometric centers for CMA course exams.
- Weekend CMA Classes / Online CMA Classes.